Gravity MTB Development Team 2018
You have been invited to apply.
The Gravity MTB Development Team is designed for young aspiring racers, advanced riders who are confident on all the trails but are looking to get race specific coaching. This program is a stepping-stone for young athletes to develop their skills and progress through the Provincial and National racing events. The Team will focus on teaching advanced technical skills and maneuvers, the tactical concepts for racing, fitness and nutritional preparation. The Development Team program is 10 months in duration and will get started in mid-January 2018 and run until October 2018
The goal of this team is to provide athletes with every opportunity to succeed and to advance their performance as an athlete. It is our sincere goal that Gravity MTB Team members will share what they have learned, model for teammates, become leaders in their respective communities, and lead the next generation of Canadian mountain bikers.
An Elite program that provides self-motivated athletes with a complete structure designed to efficiently develop athletes into outstanding competitors and racers.
Podium appearances at BC Enduro Series, Canadian National Enduro Series, Whistler Crankworx Enduro, BC Cup DH Series, Canada Cup DH Series and National DH Championships.
- Athletes must compete in Categories: Enduro U21, U15 or Downhill, Jr Expert, Jr Sport, U17 Expert, U17 Sport, U15
- Outstanding fundamental bike handling skills
- Consistent race results
- Elite attitude and effort
- Motivated athletes – purpose, perseverance and perspective
- Structured practice – sessions have specific outcome objective
- Team atmosphere – Athletes and coaches helping each other to succeed through support, diversity, and positivity
- Access to the best terrain, coaches, infrastructure and technology
How to Apply?
Please email a letter why you should be considered for the Team, a list of your specific goals, previous race results and current sponsors. There will be 6-10 riders selected. Deadline for Applications is December 20th 2017. Team Selection will be completed by December 31st 2017 and riders will be notified January 1st 2018.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected team riders will receive:
- Fitness and nutrition training starting January 2018
- Technical skills on bike training (20 or more sessions)
- Support and coaching at select National, Provincial and regional events
- Heavily discounted product on select Gravity MTB brand supporters including Marzocchi, Schwalbe, OneUp, Osprey and more
- 2 team jerseys and shwag
- Bike set up and race tuning sessions from experienced mechanics
Head Coach – Chad Hendren:
Chad is well known throughout the mountain bike industry. He competed in his first Canada Cup downhill race in 1996. Over the course of his career, he competed in every Crankworx hosted in Whistler (including all the Enduro World Series events), earned plentiful podium finishes, and has had photos of his riding published in Bike Magazine, Mountain Biking Magazine, Launch MTB, Decline, and Flow.
Chad began mountain bike coaching in 2001 and received certification from both the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) and the International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA), Chad is qualified to coach beginner and intermediate riders as well as World Cup competitors. He has coached the Cycling BC high-performance downhill team Including DH World Champion and multiple National Champion Miranda Miller, Remi Gauvin (Enduro World Series contender), Forrest Riesco World Cup DH Racer, Nick Geddes, Zander Geddes, Holly Feniak (former Jr DH World Champion, Lauren Rosser (Former Jr DH World Champion), Max Horner, Summer Gravity Camps, Whistler Downhill Development Team, DFX kids program and race team, Schley Camps and STORMBC.
Gravity MTB Supporters – Marzocchi, Schwalbe, Kali, Osprey, Shimano, NOBL, 9point8, Smith Optics, Muscle Milk, OneUp